Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Home Again, Home Again

Natalie and I always bicker about how you end saying "Home, again, home, again" is it "Jiggety jig" or "Lickty Split?"  We have been having this disagreement so long, I have even forgot which one of us thinks what.  Regardless, I am at my new home or one day I will arrive here and say I am home.  It has been hard for me to give up my old home and move to the new place.  I have lived at Casa de California longer than I have ever lived anywhere, 19 years.  My previous record was for the house I grew up in, 16 years.  I admit I do get attached to places and have a hard time letting go.  Letting go I must.



My life has been about boxes, newspaper, and moving stuff.  We have moved my yarn, fiestaware, clothes, shoes, kitchen, dining room, bed, and many, many, flamingos.  I am almost ashamed of all the stuff I have.  I have re-homed a few things and some things have went to Goodwill, but still I have much stuff.  I have donated over 9 linear feet of books to betterworldbooks.com as well as to friends.  We have even taken a few items out for bulk pick up.  I am physically and emotionally exhausted from the process and still I have more to do. 

I have not been blogging because I have been consumed with this move.  One day I will have everything at the correct address and then I can start the process of making this place my home.  In the meantime, I will tell you what I have been saying to Natalie, be patient I will get home again.

No comments: