Friday, December 26, 2014

Cowlious!

With the holidays I put aside my crochet hook and whipped up some knitted cowls for a few of my nearest and dearest.  I found a Vickie Howell pattern called Happy Cowliday, featuring a diamond stitch cowl.  I actually had some of the same yarn in a smaller weight and used the same stitch pattern to make some mitts to match the cowl.  While I was knitting these up I kept seeing my friend Libby wearing the set, which of course meant it was for her.

The lovely Libby showing off her new hand knits
My friends at Kirkwood Knittery gave out a free cowl pattern for Cascade Magnum yarn, which was called the Magnum Twist.  It was a great and easy pattern for a cowl.  I liked the pattern so much I have now made 5 cowls with 5 different yarns, including the Cascade Magnum yarn.  I am working on cowl #6 and then it is time to walk away from this pattern.  I have gifted 3 of these cowls and they were received with enthusiasm.  I will admit I like knowing something I knitted with love is adding warmth to my friends lives.

Magnum Twist Cowl
I also knitted some traveling slippers with a carrying case for my dear friend, Kim F.  I had a pattern for the slippers and made up the little case.  My thought was when she travels she will always have warm feet.  She has tiny feet so I had just enough yarn for the whole gift. Again knitted with love.  And as always I say to my friends, HAND WASH IN COLD, DRY FLAT.

Travel Slippers with Carrying Case

No comments: