Sunday, September 28, 2014

Bluebells and Crochet Hooks

Like a mad woman, I signed up for a year long crochet block class.  My crochet skills leave something to be desired.  I am trying to get better at crochet, trying I say.  The first block I am working on is called textured bluebells.  It has not been the easiest thing I have ever done, but I am soldiering on.

One of the hardest things has been figuring out what size crochet hook to use with the yarn.  I ended up making 3 blocks with 3 different size crochet hooks, G, H, and J.  The ball band said to use a J, but I didn't have enough yarn to make 8 blocks on the J hooks.  I tried the G hook, but it was too tight.  Finally, I tried the H hook.  On the H I will have enough yarn and the fabric had some give.  So yay for the H hook. 

3 Hooks, 3 Size Squares

I want this project to turn out well.  The end result will be an afghan called, Blue Horizons, utilizing 4 different squares.  I will also be able to crochet something more than a chain.  Hoping for a win.

No comments: