Friday, February 21, 2014

Perfect Weather for Knitting

Nothing better than staying home on a cold wintery day and snuggling in with a blanket and knitting the day away.  I have had a few of those days this month and knocked out some fun things. 



First with my Baby Sis' birthday at the end of January I knitted her a small pair of those half moon mittens.  The small size fit her perfectly.  I hope they keep her hands warm for years to come.



I also knocked out building block #2 for our monthly knit along.  This month the point was to learn how to read a knitting pattern chart. I didn't have any problem, it was easy to remember.  Natalie end up writing it out.  I don't think she will ever like reading a chart.


Finally, I got annoyed with the pattern I was working on and decided to do something easy.  I dug through my scraps and knitted another antimacassar.  I now have 3 antimacassar hanging out in my home.  I think my goal is to knit 9 of these and then sew them all together and make a throw.  But who knows how this scheme will end.

Here is hoping during all this cold and snowy weather you have stayed warm and cozy in all your wonderful knitted accessories. 

No comments: